Pages

Saturday, January 15, 2011

Tokyo Banana (東京ばな奈)

It has been awhile since I've updated, and I apologize for that. College seems to have got the better of me, and wow, it's 2011. Happy New Year everyone.

During the Christmas break, most of my friends went back home to celebrate the holiday with their family, however, some did leave to travel to various parts of Japan. 

Luckily, some friends did managed to travel to Tokyo for their holiday, and when they came back, I got to taste Tokyo Banana from the first time.

I have never been a fan of banana made sweets. It may have been caused by the fact that I had to swallowed down banana flavored Bactrim many times when I was a child. However, Tokyo Banana isn't one of those sweets.



At first, the cream inside the soft cake did give me the impression of the Bactrim, but it was soon overridden by the deliciousness of the snack itself. 



Within 20 seconds, I was able to consume not one, but three pieces of Tokyo Banana I was given.

I later found out that there are other kind of products that are classified as Tokyo Banana such as Tokyo Banana biscuits. I adore those because they were so good, especially the chocolate ones. (with banana cream filling of course)

If I do go to Toyko, I certainly will bring back a whole lots of Tokyo Banana. 




2 comments:

  1. Sounds good but what's the connection between Tokyo and bananas (except for the obvious, as in bananas=insane)?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The only relation I can think of is that Tokyo banana started in Tokyo, and you can only buy this snack (not counting internet middle man) in Tokyo. In Japan, each city/town has their local sweets or snack. It is one of the unofficial tradition that when you travel outside of your region/city, you will bring back some kind of snacks (often well-known in the area) for your friends/family, however that doesn't mean every time. Hope that this explains your question somehow :)

      Delete