Pages

Friday, February 1, 2013

Manneken Belgian Waffles

Finally, final exams are over, and it's holiday time!

In the past three to four months, I've been to kansai twice. Both times, I had to at least visit the Manneken Belgian Waffles shop. Manneken shop can be found all across the country. Surprisingly, there are around eleven Manneken shops in Osaka! The one I always visited was the one in Osaka Station. It's very close to the central entrance of the station, and you could never miss it with the constant long waiting line.



The waffles are freshly made, however, from observation, I think that the doughs are pre-made. These waffles smell heavenly, and I think that's one of the attractions of the Manneken. It's especially good in the winter when you crave for something to keep you warm.



Currently, there are: purple sweet potato (limited edition), plain, chocolate, maple, almond, and sweet potato flavor available. When I was in Osaka in January, there was vanilla custard available as well. I have to say that in my opinion, the plain flavor is the best. According to the description on the website, the plain flavor is the top seller. The waffle itself gives off a wonderful smell of butter, and after it has been cooked, is coated with honey. The waffle costs 147 yen each. Personally, I think it is quite pricy for a piece of waffle, but it's definitely worth it!


Sadly, Manneken isn't available where I live, however, if you are in Osaka, Tokyo Kobe... etc (you know, the bigger cities), it's definitely worth a try!

For more information, please visit: http://www.manneken.co.jp/index.html?f=1


No comments:

Post a Comment